Your Representative should support the Child Tax Credit because it helps out the economy and the American Citizens in his/hers neighborhoods. The people that don’t support The Child Tax Credit are the same people that supports Corporate Bailouts. They are also the same people that wants to take control over women’s bodies. These people are very bad people with mental disorders. Make sure you know who you are voting for before voting.
The Child Tax Credit in the American Rescue Plan provides the largest Child Tax Credit ever and historic relief to the most working families ever – and as of July 15th, most families are automatically receiving monthly payments of $250 or $300 per child without having to take any action. The Child Tax Credit will help all families succeed.
The American Rescue Plan increased the Child Tax Credit from $2,000 per child to $3,000 per child for children over the age of six and from $2,000 to $3,600 for children under the age of six, and raised the age limit from 16 to 17. All working families will get the full credit if they make up to $150,000 for a couple or $112,500 for a family with a single parent (also called Head of Household).
Major tax relief for nearly all working families:
The Child Tax Credit in the American Rescue Plan provides the largest child tax credit ever and historic relief to the most working families ever.
- $3,000 per child 6-17 years old
- $3,600 per child under 6 years old
- All working families will get the full credit if they make up to $150,000 for a couple or $112,500 for a family with a single parent (also called Head of Household)
Automatic monthly payments for nearly all working families
If you’ve filed tax returns for 2019 or 2020, or if you signed up to receive a stimulus check from the Internal Revenue Service, you will get this tax relief automatically. You do not need to sign up or take any action.
- Advancing your tax relief: Normally, tax relief for the year only comes the following year when you file your taxes, no matter how much you need it now. This year, most families started getting the money in July.
- Monthly payments starting in July: For the first time, people will received the Child Tax Credit in monthly payments. For every child 6-17 years old, families got $250 each month, and for every child under 6 years old, families will get $300 each month.
- The 80% who get their refunds from the IRS through direct deposit will continue to get these payments in their bank account on the 15th of every month until the end of 2021.
- People who don’t use direct deposit will receive their payment by mail around the same time.
President Biden’s Build Back Better agenda calls for extending this tax relief for years and years
The new Child Tax Credit enacted in the American Rescue Plan is only for 2021. That is why President Biden strongly believes that we should extend the new Child Tax Credit for years and years to come. That’s what he proposes in his Build Back Better Agenda.
Easy sign up for low-income families to reduce child poverty
If you don’t make enough to be required to file taxes, you can still get benefits.
The Administration collaborated with a non-profit, Code for America, who created a non-filer sign-up tool that is easy to use on a mobile phone and also available in Spanish. The deadline to sign up for monthly Child Tax Credit payments this year was November 15. If you are eligible for the Child Tax Credit but did not sign up for monthly payments by the November 15 deadline, you can still claim the full credit of up to $3,600 per child by filing your taxes next year.