Education is very important for everyone. All you have to do is look at what is happening within our government the last few years and you have half of our elected officials are brain dead. It is hard to believe that there are that many people that are so stupid to believe the Moron Donald Trump. The believers of Trump is going to pay for their defense like he said he would. Don’t hold your breath January 6, 2021 Rioters. Or like Mexico is going to pay for the Border Wall? Trump won the election? These are a few examples of just how stupid Trump Supporters are and a very good reason for Free College for all.
College for All and Cancel All Student Debt
Today, we say to our young people that we want you to get the best education that you can, regardless of the income of your family. Good jobs require a good education. That is why we are going to make public colleges and universities tuition free, and cancel all student debt.
- Guarantee tuition and debt-free public colleges, universities, HBCUs, Minority Serving Institutions and trade-schools to all.
- Cancel all student loan debt for the some 45 million Americans who owe about $1.6 trillion and place a cap on student loan interest rates going forward at 1.88 percent.
- Invest $1.3 billion every year in private, non-profit historically black colleges and universities and minority-serving institutions
- End equity gaps in higher education attainment. And ensure students are able to cover non-tuition costs of attending school by: expanding Pell Grants to cover non-tuition and fee costs, tripling funding for the Work-Study Program, and more.
U.S. Department of Education
Overview and Mission Statement
ED’s mission is to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering educational excellence and ensuring equal access.
ED was created in 1980 by combining offices from several federal agencies. ED’s 4,400 employees and $68 billion budget are dedicated to:
- Establishing policies on federal financial aid for education, and distributing as well as monitoring those funds.
- Collecting data on America’s schools and disseminating research.
- Focusing national attention on key educational issues.
- Prohibiting discrimination and ensuring equal access to education.
Learn more About the U.S. Department of Education
Leave a Reply